Penalties for a 4th DUI in Pinellas County Florida
If you have been arrested for a fourth DUI in Pinellas County (or any surrounding area including Manatee County, Sarasota County, Pasco County, Hillsborough County or Polk County), then contact an experienced DUI defense attorney at the Morris Law Firm.
A fourth DUI can be prosecuted as a felony offense. In many of these cases, especially when the individual was not represented by an attorney for any prior conviction, your St. Petersburg DUI attorney may be able to convince the prosecutor to file on misdemeanor DUI charges. Regardless of whether the fourth DUI is prosecuted as a felony or a misdemeanor, a fourth of subsequent DUI conviction will cause a permanent revocation of your Florida driver’s license. Florida law does not currently contain any provision for a hardship driver’s license.
Fourth (4th) DUI Penalties and Punishments Under Florida Law,
Florida statute 316.193 sets out the minimum mandatory punishments for a fourth DUI, including:
- Fine for a fourth DUI conviction, the fine may not be less than $2,000. Florida Statute 316.193(2)(a)-(b).
- Jail time for a fourth DUI is up to five (5) years in Florida State Prison as provided in Florida Statute Section 775.084, as habitual or violent offender.
- Prescription or Illegal Drug DUI
- DMV Administrative Review Hearing
- DUI Refusal
- DUI Urine Test
- DUI Blood Test
- DUI Breath Test
- DUI Field Sobriety Test (FSTs)
- DUI Intoxilyzer 8000
- DUI Roadblock / Sobriety Checkpoint
- Zero Tolerance DUI (Under 21)
- DUI Manslaughter / DUI Fatality
- First DUI Punishments
- Second DUI Punishments
- Third DUI Punishments
- Fourth DUI Punishments
- DUI Property Damage
- DUI with Serious Bodily Injury
- Actual Physical Control DUI
Contact The Morris Law Firm, P.A. After Your Arrest for a Fourth DUI
At the Morris Law Firm, P.A. we understand the direct and indirect consequences that can occur after a DUI arrest. For many people facing a fourth DUI, the prospective of a permanent driver’s license revocation is unimaginable.
When the states are high, contact an experienced St. Petersburg criminal defense attorney for any fourth DUI arrest in Clearwater, Florida, or the surrounding areas including Bradenton in Manatee County, Sarasota in Sarasota County, Tampa in Hillsborough County, Dade City or New Port Richey in Pasco County, Florida.